Total Pageviews

About Me

My photo
Philippines
simplicity...is..beauty...

Sunday, March 27, 2011

BADMINTON

Aside from volleyball,a team sport, there's another sport which I like the most. It's badminton.It's a racquet sport.I started to appreciate this sport when I was in second year high school. My P.E. teacher was able to persuade me how to love to play this kind of sport. Afraid to hit the shuttlecock [shuttle,bird] at first but I had learned how to manage and control smashing it. I didn't have a personal racquet so i used to borrow from my friend,who is our good neighbor. Smash here and there even without a particular badminton court. We drew lines to assume we wouldn't let the shuttle out. It was so funny. Until one day, our location has been granted for some sport equipment like basketball, volleyball, table tennis and badminton. The city mayor was so thoughtful of providing the youth for these leisure equipment.Of course, I always played the volleyball because I normally like a team sport. There were days that I tried to focus playing badminton. That was the best time because we had the proper court and equipment.As the days moved fast, I learned more about it when I was in the university. Our P.E. class had tackled about different sports and it's one of them. That time was great. I learned how to serve properly, how to vary styles and techniques and of course how to enjoy the game. Then one day, I was chosen to represent the Freshmen during our Intramurals and Foundation Days. The best part was getting the bronze medal. I defeated the sophomore but lost to the junior and senior representatives. Maybe I was just lucky that time. After I graduated from college, I seldom played this sport.Once, twice a month or sometimes never in a month.

I miss playing badminton. And I never thought of suggesting it to some friends who have interest about it last month. This year, I finally decided to buy my own racquet.I should one of my personal investment,something I haven't had before. As of this writing,I'm gladly saying I played with my friends this afternoon. We spent one and a half hours at Worldwide Corporate Center, a 15-minute travel from the house. It was fun indeed. I had sweat a lot, hahaha...the bad calories were discharged. We hope next time, we would increase in numbers. I'm so very thankful with my friends who joined the fun and fantastic experience.

See you next week ^_^

1 comment: